What is your schedule?
During the school year we offer 5-week instructional sessions (for basketball skills, volleyball skills or toddler activities) in a variety of levels. These sessions consist of small group instruction with children of similar ability. Our upcoming schedules are posted here. If you are new to the academy please read about our basketball skill levels or our volleyball skill levels to determine the starting level of your child. If you have any questions please call us at (701) 356-5666 or use our general inquiry form.
How do I get my child signed up for the academy?
Who will be instructing my children during the classes?
Our skills classes, team trainings and private lessons are taught by our experienced instructors. The academy also has an additional staff of past and current collegiate players to help with the instruction during the summer months. The academy takes pride in our instructors and will continue to ensure that those teaching at the Fargo Basketball Academy are not only very good teachers of the game, but are also men and women of great character who relate well with our youth.
If my child misses a class can they make it up?
If your child misses a scheduled class due to an illness or scheduling conflict, they may make it up in one of the other similar level classes within the same 5-week session.
How do I sign my child up for private lessons with one of the FBA instructors?
What is your winter weather policy?
If we choose to close the Academy because of inclement weather, we will post it on the front page of our website and add content to our social media platforms as soon as we make that decision. If you feel uncomfortable driving to the academy, please do not take any chances. You will be allowed to make up for any missed classes at a later date. Often times the travel conditions are good in town, but awful outside the city limits. Because of this we will choose to hold classes for whoever can safely get there. Please travel at your discretion.
Do you ever rent your gym?
Due to the fact that we hold classes Mondays through Saturdays and teach private lessons at the FBA on Sundays, there is limited time available for teams to rent our main full court facility. If you are interested please contact us to see what time might be available. The cost to rent the gym is $75/hour.
We also rent our half court facility (Skills Center) when private lessons are not in session. The 55-minute rental is $30 per hour and includes access to the rebounding machine. Booking that facility is done through our online booking calendar. Based on the variablity of our private lesson schedule, the availablity will be shown only a few days in advance.
What are your current COVID measures/precautions?
Here are a few of the standards of practices for our skills classes:
- We will be limiting classes to 14 participants or less to maintain an appropriate group size. During part of the class period, participants will be split into two smaller groups on each half court.
- We are encouraging parents to drop off or pick up from the parking lot to reduce the number of persons in the building.
- For those parents that do enter, we are limiting spectators to 1 person per player.
- Equipment use will be limited and balls will be disinfected between classes.
- Players and spectators will be required to clean hands before entering the gym.
- We encourage players to bring their own water bottle.
- Based on the ND mandate, players are required to wear face masks are required in the lobby and locker rooms and strongly recommended in the gym. Spectators and instructors must always be masked.
- Parents must agree to following the COVID guidelines during the registration process.
Due to the nature of the sport, there will be shared volleyballs/basketballs within the class and there will be many instances during the class where social distancing can’t be maintained due to the structure of the drills and scrimmage opportunities.